Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Clogging, Forts, Grandma, Crafts, and Suckers!!!

What wonderful things!

I am so excited because I have found a clogging class!! I started clogging when I was about 14 years old and clogged up until college. I love dancing and performing and have really missed it. I started searching for a clogging class online a couple years ago after seeing a group perform at a fall festival. I had no luck at finding anything. I started my search again a few weeks ago (after seeing the Fab 5 cloggers perform on America's Got Talent--awesome!) and finally came across a group that meets fairly close to our home. I had to blow the dust off my old shoes but went last night...it was so much fun!! Can't wait to go every week and get my clog on!














I can't tell you how sad I am that summer is over...no more playing in the backyard. Boo hoo! Guess I will have to start really getting creative. Forts are always fun, right??
















My mom came out to visit last week while Tyson was on a hunting trip in Ohio with a few of his friends. He shot a big buck but couldn't find it which was a bummer, I was hoping for the meat! He forgot his camera on the trip but maybe I can get my hands on a picture of him in all is camo gear that one of the other guys took so I can post it. He had a great "male bonding" time! Anyway, the weather was horrible while she was here but we managed to get out one day to the strip district to look through shops and get some yummy popcorn. She had fun playing with Landon and Landon loved giving his grandma kisses. We also had fun with our tradition of crafts during conference. I made little wooden Christmas tags and my mom made a beautiful floral arrangement for me. Isn't she sooo talented?? I was glad she was here to keep me company while my hubby was gone. Thanks mom, we miss you.

















I needed to get a few things done and Landon was being really, really needy. Hmmm, what could I give him to distract him for just a moment so I could finish the laundry? Ah hah! A sucker! He loved it. I might use this technique again! Does that make me a bad mom? :)


9 comments:

Helena said...

I clog too!!!

Anonymous said...

No way you are not a bad mom at all and yes I saw those fab 5 cloggers they were awesome... goodluck with that..Love you!!!

Unknown said...

If sucker = bad mom... I'm the worst!
So glad you found a clogging group.

Meredith said...

I had no idea you clog! I am a klutz myself but love watching clogging. And suckers are great...my other favorite tactics are fruit snacks and letting Braden play with my cell phone (he does make calls sometimes though). Don't ever think you are a bad mom!

Our family of four said...

No way, that doesn't make you a bad mom! I keep an entire bag of suckers in my purse! They are such a life saver when trying to shop or anything for that matter. In fact Braelyn had 2 at Target just today. Ha Ha
Looks like you had a fun time with your Mom. She looks great!
I am impressed your clogging again. I sometimes wish I could get out and do something like that. It is so good to have something that is all your own.
Great post! Talk to you soon!

Michele said...

Suckers are never an indication of bad parenting...at least that is my motto! I can't wait to see you clog! Also we have to plan some winter activities so we don't go crazy this last yucky winter!

breymom said...

YEA I was just thinking of our days of clogging together and clicked on your blog only to find the great news! I wanna join your class. Oh well I might just put on my clog shoes tomorrow anyway for old times sake thanks for the reminder to stay young and dancing!

Rachel said...

suckers are magic in my house. they work for bribes, rewards or threats...as in "you're not going to get a sucker if you don't clean these toys up" enjoy your new found bargaining chip :)

Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.