Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Bad Day

I think most of you know that motherhood has been challenging for me and man it tested my limits a few days ago! I was having such a bad day with Landon. I must have cried at least a dozen times. Landon was fussy most of the day and throwing lots of tantrums! I was very ready for Tyson to get home from school and he could tell that I needed him after talking with him earlier in the day. After he got home he took Landon so I could finish getting dinner ready. I thought they were downstairs but then I heard someone come through the front door. I walked over to see what was going on and saw this...















Landon had surprised mommy with a pretty rose and an "I'm sorry" note (with a little help from daddy of course). I cried for the 13th time and felt blessed to have a husband who cares as much as he does. The rose, now sitting in my kitchen windowsill, reminds me to try to keep a smile on my face through those rough days because I know that I am really loved.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwwww classic! Love it! Some days are really rough and I know (at least with me) that sometimes you wonder what in the world you got yourself into!
So great that Tyson knew not only to watch Landon for a bit, but to get you a good pick-me-up too!
He just earned big mommy props from me :)

shellydinger said...

That is the sweetest gesture I have ever heard of! You definitely are blessed - and I think we all need to be reminded of our blessings again and again.

Katie H. said...

That is so sweet!!!! I always knew Tyson was a sweetie but that takes the cake. What a great hubby you have. And just think, he is teaching your son to be that sweet too. Now that is a great dad for you.

Meredith said...

I love this! I think we all have days like that sometimes, but I love the ending to yours...so sweet, I would have cried too :)

Anonymous said...

Yes I have days like those two... I'm glad you are doing better... Love you

NJ said...

Wow, Tyson is amazing. What an idea!!! That's awesome.

Keri said...

How creative & thoughtful of Tyson!

...and good news for the day...we are VT companions now:)

Our family of four said...

Tyson hasn't changed a bit! He is so thoughtful! That was super cute!

Radene said...

What a sweet story! So cute.

BusyMama said...

10 points for Tyson! And 20 for you for dealing with a toddler all day.

Michele said...

AHHHHHHHHHHH that really is the sweetest thing ever...you really are loved a ton.

Pitcherpost said...

You have a great husband! What a sweet and cute idea. I hate having days like that, I feel for you!

KT said...

What an awesome husband and son...maybe you are pregnant and that is where the tears are really coming from...I know how you feel though. Good thing we have the word of wisdom or mine would drive me to drink. A LOT!

Helena said...

Awww

Rachel said...

that is so cute. I laughed/cried a little bit. adorable.