Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Mixed Feelings!














We sold our house! It was so much sooner then we expected and the offer we accepted was for our full asking price which was awesome. That is one major thing that we can now cross off our list in preperation for the next chapter of our lives.

Surprisingly with all the excitement of finding a buyer for our house I have found myself feeling a little bit overwhelmed with the fact that we will be leaving our first little home in just a few short months. Our walls are filled with memories of our student years here in Pittsburgh. We have had barbeque's in the backyard with our closest friends, I cooked my first thanksgiving turkey in our kitchen oven, we've watched the rain from our front porch, we walked through the front door with a new baby boy, we watched him take his first steps across the living room floor. Oh man, here come the tears. I can't believe our four years here are almost over. I have loved our little house and I love all the happiness that is inside. Thank you 2804, for being our safe haven.

12 comments:

Nat said...

It's so fun to have so many great memories! You guys are moving back, aren't you? Then you can have a different house to make even more great memories!

Anonymous said...

awwwwhhh that is really sweet....What awesome memories and you will have many more...... I love you all.....♥

Helena said...

Oh, this is a wonderful post. What amazing memories for your first little house.

Thompson Family said...

You are making me cry:(

Meredith said...

That's awesome you sold it! I already feel the same way about our house here and we still aren't quite halfway done. So I know I am going to be so sad when we finally leave. The funny thing is that I end up feeling that way about all the places we live, even the dumpy apartment we had when we first moved here...so maybe I am just too sentimental :)

BusyMama said...

Wow that was fast! And think of all the memories you will make in your next home! That helps me get over the sadness of change. :)

Rachel said...

I totally know that feeling & I am sure that you'll always remember that house with fond memories especially the baby stuff.

Josh, Jessi, Justin and Addison said...

Wow!! That's exciting and sad, I know how it feels leaving your home. But that's awesome that you got the asking price!! but now what u dont come home for while!?! I've been thinking about you lots too, I'll call you or you call me if & when we get a chance.

Thompson Family said...

Haha,no, you should! Just remember it is so worth it in the end. That's what I keep telling myself when I have nights like that:)

Pitcherpost said...

congrats on selling your house! I know that's a huge relief. I felt the same way leaving pittsburgh, I'm still a little homesick for that cold hilly place!

Our family of four said...

Congrats on selling the house. It is so nice to have it sell fast and take the pressure off. I know how you feel about leaving your first home. It is bittersweet. I cried like a baby when we left ours.

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.