Friday, November 6, 2009

Goodbye Fall! It was fun!














We love fall here in Pittsburgh! I wish that it lasted longer. Sadly the bright orange, red, and yellow leaves are starting to fall and winter is approaching way too quickly! We have been busy picking and carving pumpkins, partying like crazy, and dressing up for loads of candy! We went to Trax Farms, just as we did last year, to pick up the perfect pumpkins and have some good old fashioned farm fun. We visited the petting zoo, admired Christmas decor, and picked up some fabulous salami and cheese from the deli. It has been amazing having a one and a half year old. Tyson and I stood and giggled the whole time Landon rode this little choo choo train!! (Don't miss the video!)


































A friend of mine and I threw a little Halloween party. I love Halloween parties, they are the best! I made some really yummy treats! The eyeballs were delightful! All of the kids looked great in their costumes!




















Landon helped me scoop out all the pumpkin guts! Sadly, I didn't get pictures of the carving...I was retarded and didn't think to get out the camera. Tyson did an amazing job on his! He always teases me that I do cute pumpkin carvings and that pumpkins can't be cute for Halloween. So Landon and I's little pumpkin is as spooky as I could get it!























Isn't Landon just the cutest little Frank you have ever seen!? Tyson was trying to get him to do "scary hands" for the picture. Trick or treating was a blast! We decided to go up a few blocks from our house and trick or treat on a street that we heard was hoppin last year. We thought about taking the stroller, in case Landon got tired. But to our amazement, he was such a little trooper! He walked, holding onto mamma's and dada's hands, for several blocks just as happy as could be. After a few houses, he finally got the concept. See bowl, grab candy, put in bag, try to go for seconds. Everyone commented on his costume. People would stop to watch him walk by. Others would see him and run to tell their friends to look at the little Frankenstein. Yes, he was a little show stopper!
















There our houses in our neighborhood that really get into it! I didn't get it on film, but the house in the video had a baby doll locked in a cage with a bowl of dog food next to it. Ummm...freaky!?
















Landon finally got brave enough to walk to a house to get some candy all by himself!





And what could make the end of this night perfect?? Why, a load of candy of course!! Little Frank, you made our Halloween so much fun! I hope everyone else's halloween was just as SPOOKtacular as ours!!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

I love his costume! Peter hated his and just cried the whole time he was in it! Your pumpkins turned out great too! I am going to miss fall. Its the best season.

Anonymous said...

Landon is adorable in that costume..Nicholas won't even put one on.. He likes to look at them... LOL

Our family of four said...

Landon looked so cute as Frankenstein! Looks like you guys had a great Halloween! Braelyn was a butterfly fairy. Holidays like Halloween are twice as much fun when you have a little one to watch enjoy it!

Michele said...

Oh my goodness Rachelle...Landon is the cutest ever!!!