Thursday, August 12, 2010

Summer fun in Idaho!

It has been great being in Idaho and finally settling into our new home (pictures to come soon).

Tyson is working as Dr. Murdock and is really enjoying it. He actually took care of some cavities for me today and I was quite impressed with his skills. He looked good as a dentist. I was so proud that I almost wanted to jump out of the chair and give him a big kiss, perhaps it was the laughing gas causing me to have a little too much excitement!

I have been busy decorating and organizing (my two favorite things) our home and getting some sort of a routine after moving. Surprisingly, I do miss Pittsburgh a tad. Just a tad! I got a little emotional recently as I reminisced about dinner at the Thompson's, game nights and girls nights with friends, playing at the neighborhood parks, and the Children's museum. Man do I miss that place!!

Landon has had so much fun getting to know his cousins. We have been busy with the family and trying to get lots of fun activities in during the summer. He is getting so big. I think I finally know what people are talking about when they say "terrible two's". I think it is starting. He has been throwing himself on the floor, which is new and so so much fun!

Here are a few pics of the things we have been up to...

Lot's of swimming at Nanny and Grandpa's house.














This is Walker, Landon's cousin. They are the new troublemakers in the Murdock family. Landon has never been too mischievous but little Walker has had quite the influence on Landon. See here, cute, doing their Superman pose. But then...













Trouble!! Walker snuck into Landon's room while he was sleeping, woke him up, and they both decided it would be loads of fun to wipe Desitine all over each other. I was laughing so hard when I saw it that I nearly peed my pants!












The evidence...










And exhaustion follows the next day after a late night of Desitine play.










The Blue Angles came through Idaho Falls and it was an awesome airshow! The planes were literally right above our heads!

Here is Mr. Cool waiting for the show to start!


















Landon's cousin had a bowling birthday party and he was able to bowl for the very first time. He was excited for about 20 minutes then he was done. Typical!



5 comments:

Linda said...

Oh Destin...Don't you just love that stuff! I'm sure you had fun cleaning it up, we had a Destin situation not too long ago and I felt like it took weeks to get rid of the smell. Glad to hear you guys are loving non-student life:)

Unknown said...

ROFL Desitin... classic! :) We should go up to the Splash Park sometime.. yay summer!

Helena said...

Hahahaha, that's so funny! I miss you Rachelle! It's weird when I go to girls nights, and you aren't there.

Katie H. said...

I am so glad that you were able to laugh about the Desitin. I don't know if I could. And congrats on the house. Glad you guys are enjoy I.F.

Sketchy said...

Oh its so nice that your are blogging and we can see what's happenning with you guys! I adore that last photo of the two of them pointing, so so cute. And the desitine, OH MY! Brooke did that with Baby Powder once, I suspect that was an easier clean up, lol

Glad to hear you guys are doing well and that you miss Pittsburgh even if just a little bit!