Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Ok...here we go!!!

Yea!! I have done it! I finally have a blog! I know! Some of you have been waiting a while for me to get my act together! I am excited to keep everyone posted on what we are up to and how our little boy is doing. He is getting so big! Tyson and I have had a nice summer. We haven't done anything too eventful, just tried to stay sane with a new baby now in our lives. He was quite fussy the first few months so it was hard to get out but I think he is slowly growing out of it. But, we were able to get out and do a few things with Megan, Tyson's sister, while she was here visiting at the end of June. And we did go home (Idaho Falls, ID) to visit with family and to bless Landon. Landon is 16 weeks old today! We went to the doctor yesterday for a check up and his first round of shots. I cried when they gave him the shots. I felt so bad for him! But he is healthy and doing well. Tyson has been busy with school of course! His schedule this semester is so great...he has so much more time to be home with us then he has in the past. It has been good. As for me, life home with baby is still hard to adjust to. I have my bad days when I feel trapped in the house and bummed that I don't have much of a life but I hope as Landon gets a little older it will get easier and easier. I was able to get home for my 10 year high school reunion! It was quite overwhelming to fly home with Landon by myself but we did great! It was so fun to see old friends that I haven't seen in years! I feel that I have lost myself a bit since being here in Pittsburgh. It has been difficult to move to a new place, to start all over with making friends. I have always been pretty outgoing but have found since being here I have stayed hidden a little which is really not like me. Anyway...going to my reunion reminded me of who I really am. I was able to find a part of me again that had been missing. It made me happy! Well, hopefully I will be able to keep up with this and post lots of exciting things as they come along! Not that our lives are that exciting!!! Until next time...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I know how u feel cause it is hard for me to even got to the store with my three kids they want to act up all the time.......... We'll maybe not all the time... They are trying so hard to be good..... I try to just take the two boys now that melissa is on school can you believe 2nd grade wow........... My 20 year reunion is in october not sure if I'm going money is so scarce lately... Plus flying is so high and it is on a weekend to long to drive for just a weekend.... But hopefully maybe I will get to go I only of one friend who is going....

Gina said...

Yay! Welcome to the blogosphere! I am always happy to be able to keep up with more people's lives in more detail. I have a private blog so I'll send you an invite asap.

Unknown said...

Honey make yourself some "mommy dates" with others moms, it SOOO helps with the blahs! :) Even if it's just a picnic at the park or a lunch out. I know getting out of the house and talking to adults (gasp) is a must for me to keep my sanity.... then again... maybe i haven't kept my sanity :)

breymom said...

Rachelle,
LoVe the BLOG! See if they have an infant story time at your library or a Gymboree (baby store that does a class) almost everywhere, the YMCA ect, has "Mommy and Me" classes to get you out and about. That's what I did when my first was too young to talk to me heehee Good Luck I want to move back around family too!